National Surf Dog Competition
Published: Jun. 19, 2008
Subject: See Spot Surf
Category: Have Dog, Will Travel
No, you're not California Dreamin'! It's true the nation's largest surfing competition for man's best friend is coming to Imperial Beach in San Diego County on June 28th. So pack up the pooch and hit the open road. This you've got to see.
More than 60 brave surf dogs are expected to Hang 10 (make that 20) for a great cause at the 3rd annual "Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition" to benefit the Good Neighbor Partner, Modest Needs Foundation.
Each dog will have three waves (or chances) to impress a panel of professional judges and will be scored on confidence level, length of ride and overall ability to "grip it and rip it."
Check out the 2008 Loews Surf Dog Competition schedule.
- 9:30 to 10:30 am: Optional surfing lessons by the Coronado Surfing Academy for less experienced canines eager to catch their first wave.
- 11 am to 12:30 pm: Heat One and Heat Two: Surf Dogs. Dogs will be divided into two heats based on their weight.
- 12:30 to 1:30 pm: Heat Three: Tandem Surfing for Dogs & Owners.
- 1:30 to 1:45 pm: Furry fashion show with doggie couture. Visitors can update their pooches' summer look with fashions presented by Lucky Dog Boutique.
- 1:45 to 2 pm: Awards ceremony.
Watching the competition is absolutely free and just another reason to start planning your road trip to San Diego.
Loews Coronado Bay Resort National Surf Dog Competition
Saturday, June 28, 9:30 am - 2 pm
To register your surf dog or for more information about the competition, visit www.LoewsSurfDog.com.
Photo courtesy of Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites