Top 10 Dog-Friendly U.S. Resort Regions
Published: Jul. 23, 2009
Subject: Top Dog Resort Spots
Category: Have Dog, Will Travel
It’s a dog’s world after all. Resort destinations across the nation make sure of it. And to prove it, here’s the just-released list of Dog-Friendly.com’s Top 10 Dog-Friendly U.S. Resort Regions for 2009. Chosen for the quality of dog-friendly accommodations, things to do with your dog, beaches, parks and dog-friendly patio dining, your dog will dig these spots. Take your pick, plan a doggie dream and go!
1. Carmel/Monterey, CA. Luxury accommodations, dining and shopping meet off-leash beach fun at Carmel City Beach.
2. Bar Harbor/Acadia, ME. Pad around the glorious Acadia National Park, shop around the historic downtown. Even hop aboard a ferry for a boat cruise. Maine’s not just for lovers, it’s for dogs too.
3. Black Hills, SD. Pitch the pup tent! The campgrounds and many attractions welcome your dog. Make sure to stop by Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands National Park too.
4. St Augustine, FL. Take your little fur goblin on the ghost tour. Stop off for lunch and shopping. Or, make a day of it on a harbor cruise. It’s all dog-friendly in St. Augustine.
5. Cape Cod, MA. Dogs who summer will love beautiful Cape Cod National Seashore, along with Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. The cruises and ferries welcome furry passengers.
6. Key West, FL. You and your pup can take in the warm temperatures and glistening seas, while enjoying the quaint B&B’s, outdoor dining and dog-friendly boating and stores.
7. Charlottesville, VA. Even your dog can take in the historic sights! Visit the estates of Thomas Jefferson and Patrick Henry. Shop at the downtown mall and visit dog-friendly Shenandoah Park close by.
8. Mendocino, CA. Complete with hiking, off-leash beaches, and paddling down Big River aboard a canoe, the seaside town’s a pup favorite.
9. Asheville/Blue Ridge, NC. Leash up the pup for Tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit the awesome Biltmore Estate grounds and pass the afternoon shopping at Biltmore Village.
10. Amarillo, TX. Giddy up, Cowdogs! Book your stay at the Big Texan Steak Ranch Motel, then visit the famous Cadillac Ranch or spend a day at Palo Duro Canyon.
See the five Honorable Mentions and get details about where to stay and play at the Top Ten dog-friendly resort destinations.
See DogFriendly.com’s 2009 Top 10 U.S. Cities to Visit With Your Dog
Thank you to your Woof Report Friend Sophie photo.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites