Rainy Day Doggie Crafts
Published: Jan. 13, 2009
Subject: Do-It-Yourself Doggie Cards
Category: Dog People's Choice
Make a stack of homemade dog cards to package as a gift or to send a personal note from you and your number one. It’s a perfect little project for a rainy winter afternoon inside – and what about those New Year’s resolution to save time and money? Make a batch and you’ll always have a birthday or greeting card on hand to send, without the time and cost of running out to the card store. With endless options for patterned fabric or paper and shapes, your cards will always be unique!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Dog silhouettes. These are easy to find online or to trace from a photo or picture.
- Cards and envelopes. Create cards from cardstock or purchase pre-made cards and envelopes in pastel colors or black.
- Patterned fabric scraps or thin, colored paper in a cute patterns.
- Sharp scissors
- Glue stick
Here’s How to Make the Cards:
- Create a paper or cardboard template from your dog silhouette.
- Cut the patterned fabric or paper into the dog shape using your template.
- Glue the dog shape onto the card.
That’s it. Easy!
If you want to try more simple doggie crafts, check out these appliquéd onesies from marthastewart.com. The instructions can be used to make t-shirts or totebags too.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites